hello body skin care, folklore, skin care review, hello body review, forest bath, magical forest bath, bath inspo

Hello Body – Skin Care Review

Hello friends! I’m so excited to share a skin care line that I have been loving with you!

I decided to show you these products with a little added magic, because it’s 2020 and we all need a little extra magic these days. The line “I want to watch wisteria grow right over my bare feet” from Taylor Swift’s song “The Lakes” from her album “Folklore” has been on repeat in my mind, and really what better way to indulge in some self-care than with an enchanted forest themed bath?

The older I get, the more I care about the quality of my skin care. Hello Body was kind enough to send me some items from their Coco line which included a; face wash, toner, daily face lotion, nighttime face lotion, and a clay mask!

You can use my code: CAITLYNN for 40% off!! Such a great deal! Use the link below to have my code automatically applied at checkout:

click here for 40% off

Before agreeing to partner with any company I like to do some digging first. I’m big on animal rights and environmental impact myself, so these are always things I like to check on. The things that stood out to me about this line & made me excited to try it were:

  1. The company’s mission statement: “At HelloBody, we’re redefining the rules of the beauty industry, offering everyday essentials that combine glamour, natural ingredients and a socially-aware lifestyle. That’s why we believe that #naturalisglamorous” (read it for yourself here)
  2. Their products are 100% cruelty-free & they have never tested on animals. This is huge, and I wish it wasn’t something we had to search so hard for in the U.S.!
  3. They’re focused on sustainability, from their ingredients to their packaging. (read more about their efforts here)
  4. Their products on average are made from 98% natural ingredients. To quote their website, “The other 2% are ingredients to help preserve our products and help them smell great! Our goal is to reach 100% ingredients of natural origin in our products.”

Now on top of all the, “is this a good company” check boxes. I also really love how the products have been working with my skin. I’ve been using everything I listed earlier for a few weeks and I have been so impressed!

I have fairly sensitive skin, and typically if I switch up anything in my usual routine or try a new product, my skin goes into panic mode and breaks out. I was mentally preparing myself for this possibility as I put away my old face wash and lotions, and had the serious internal debate of “is this worth it?” “Is it worth switching to a brand I can get behind, if it means my face might break out again?” I decided yes, it was worth a try and I’m really just so stoked at the results.

Everyone’s skin is different so by no means take my word as gospel but for me, these products have been wonderful! Their Coco line is named appropriately as each product smells like Coconut! I love winter, but I never say no to a Summer-memory smell. Using these products should come with a “you will wish you were on the beach” warning, because they smell like sunscreen and tanning oil and all the happy, beachy things!

My skin been clear (hallelujah), moisturized all day (which I was really struggling with with my old moisturizers once winter hit), and I’m prone to blotchiness and redness which I feel has diminished slightly in the past couple weeks.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend these products! I love having the whole set as it gives me a pre-prescribed routine to stick to everyday, but if I was to pick my one must-have out of the bunch it would be the face wash!

It smells delicious and feels so soft on my skin, but still manages to get all my makeup (even my mascara!) off. It lathers super well also because it comes out as a foam, which I really like!

Hope you enjoyed my little review and decision to act as guinea pig for you! 😉 Let me know if you try any of these products for yourself & don’t forget to use my code CAITLYNN for 40% off and to make it possible for me to do more reviews like this for you! 🙂

Wishing you hope and happiness as always,


Leave a Reply